Hello, Hitech’ians welcome back to my another tech post. In this post, I will tell you how to solve the application not found error on Windows 7, shown when trying to open the Removable Drive. So, without wasting much time let’s head over to it.
We all use Pendrives for storing lots of stuff. Some are important and some are of just fun. But, imagine what happens to you, when you plug in your pen drive into the USB port of your computer and suddenly a pop-up appears on the screen showing the “Application not found” error. The color of your face suddenly fades away and you start trying to search the web for the appropriate solution. But you already know that the majority of websites on the Internet are just for only earning money by giving baseless and fake information. But do not worry there are still some tech sites on which you can trust !!!
Application not found error on Windows 7: What’s the reason behind this?
This error generally occurs due to a Virus in the pen drive, broken or corrupted registry link, and due to any missing file or application in the pen drive. Below are the steps to recover your broken pen drive.
Application not found error on Windows 7: How to Solve?
1. Go to “Control Panel”.
2. Open “Administrative Tools”.
3. Click on “Computer Management”.
4. Then select “Disk Management”.
5. Now select the appropriate removable drive shown at the bottom partition table and right click on it.
6. Select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
7. Now change the drive letter according to your convenience and click on the OK button to save the settings.
8. Now open the removable drive in My Computer and you will see that the drive will open without showing any error message.
Congrats!!! You have successfully recovered your broken pen drive. There are numerous methods on the Internet to solve this problem but all are not as easy and efficient like the above. I have personally tested this method and it works. I personally advise you to keep an updated Antivirus software to be protected from any Virus attack.
Some famous Antivirus Softwares are given below:
Hope you have liked this post. Do comment below, for any query. Do not forget to subscribe to this website in order to get the latest tech posts right in your inbox.