Hello, Hitech’ian welcome to my another fresh tech post. In this post, I will tell you about Android Studio and its features so that you can develop an amazing Android app in just a few days. So, without wasting much time let’s head over it.
Android Studio Overview:-
Android Studio is one of the best and official IDE for Google’s Android OS. This IDE is created on JetBrains’ IntelliJ IDEA and is designed especially for Android development. Talking about IntelliJ IDEA, it is a Java integrated development environment (IDE) used for evolving computer software. Android Studio is available for download on macOS, Windows, and Linux based operating systems. Now, Eclipse Android Development Tools is replaced by Android Studio as the essential IDE for native Android application development.
Android Studio was first announced on 16 May 2013 at Google I/O conference. This IDE is continuously been updated by the company with the various versions and the current stable version is 3.1.3 which was released in June 2018.
Android Studio requirements:-
1. Operating System:-Microsoft® Windows 7/8/10 (32-bit or 64-bit), 64-bit required for native debugging Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher, up to 10.13 (macOS High Sierra) GNOME or KDE desktop Linux (64 bit capable of running 32-bit applications)(GNU C Library (glibc) 2.19+).
2.Disk space: –A minimum of 2 GB of available disk space is required and 4 GB is recommended.
3.RAM: –A minimum of 3 GB of RAM is required and 8 GB of RAM is recommended, plus 1 GB for the Android Emulator.
4.Java version:-Java Development Kit (JDK) 8, use of bundled OpenJDK is recommended.
Android Studio features:-
These are some of the key features of this IDE:
1. It has a Gradle based build support.
2. It has Android-specific refactoring and quick fixes.
3. It has a template-based wizard to make the common Android designs and components.
4. It has a rich layout editor that grant users to drag-and-drop UI components, a choice to preview layouts on multiple screen configurations.
5. It has a huge base to build various Android wear apps.
6. It also has an Android Virtual Device to run and debug apps in the Android Studio.
How to use Android Studio?
Follow this link in order to learn how to build an app through Android Studio.
Android Studio download:-
Follow this link to download the latest version of this IDE
I think by going through this post you will gain the knowledge of every aspect of this IDE. Hope you have got a great knowledge of this amazing IDE. Share your thoughts in the comments section given below and do not forget to like and share this post and please subscribe to this website in order to be get notified about the new posts as soon as I publish them on the website.